Medical Optometrist for Group Practice Opportunity
Contract Type: Part Time with opportunity for Full Time
Location: Fraser Valley, BC
Job Category: Medical Optometrist
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Fraser Valley Cataract & Laser is looking for a medical optometrist to partner with us in providing patients of the Fraser Valley with exceptional ophthalmic care. We are a fast paced, dynamic medical office with an experienced team of technicians, MOAs, and scribes to help you run your clinic.
Fraser Valley Cataract & Laser is one of BC’s leaders in ophthalmology. With clinics located in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, and Surrey, we are committed to delivering high-quality, personalized care to our patients.
Job Description and Compensation:
As an optometrist in our clinic, you will be responsible for conducting in-lane examinations, assessing prior testing results, and consulting patients on various ocular conditions. You’ll be collaborating closely with our ophthalmologists to ensure optimal patient care. We expect a position to be initially part-time with the potential to transition into full-time. There will be a regular rotation between all clinic locations. The salary will be commission billings based.
- Perform comprehensive eye examinations, including assessing visual acuity, refractive errors, and ocular health.
- Diagnose and manage various eye conditions, such as glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration.
- Educate patients on eye care, treatment options, and preventive measures to maintain optimal ocular health.
- Collaborate with the ophthalmology team to ensure coordinated and comprehensive patient care.
- Adhere to clinic policies, procedures, and ethical standards at all times.
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid provincial license to practice optometry.
- Proven experience as an Optometrist.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare professionals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
Thank you for your interest! If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, we kindly request that you click “Apply” or email your resume and certificates to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your qualifications and getting to know you better.